The learner should be able to:
- Recognize rapidly clinical signs of “postpartum hemorrhage”.
- Mobilize available resources that allow the management of Postpartum Hemorrhage according to reference algorithm
- Recognize the clinical signs of uterine atony.
- Start basic resuscitation
- Coordinate the implementation of clinical and biological monitoring with the team
- Perform a systematic uterine revision while respecting the rules of rigorous asepsis
- Perform a vaginal exam while respecting the rules of asepsis and the safety of the parturient.
- Perform uterine massage to promote uterine tonicity.
- Maintain a safe uterine globe by placing a sandbag on the uterine fundus.
- Insert a catheter in the bladder while respecting the strict asepsis rules.
- Administer uterotonics drugs according to the reference protocols.
- Ensure rigorous monitoring of hemodynamic stability.
32-year-old woman, 3rd gesture 2nd parity with 40 weeks of amenorrhea (Blood group: O positive). Without antecedent.
She came to the maternity ward at 3 am with amniotic fluid discharge for 2 hours and pelvic pain.