Childbirth by the seat
The learner should be able to:
- Identify eligibility criteria for Childbirth by the seat
- Prepare a parturient for a Childbirth by the seat
- Inform the pediatric physician to manage the newborn during delivery
- Help parturient to push during uterine contraction while full dilation
- Perform VERMELIN method when clearance the seat
- Perform BRACHT Maneuver to clearance the Fetal head
- Perform a monitored delivery
- Perform a systematic uterine revision to check the integrity of the uterus and eventual existing malformations
- Resuscitate the newborn with a performing clinical examination to seek trauma
- Fulfill the obstetrical record and mention in the newborn’s health record (childbirth by the seat for careful clinical monitoring of the hips).
27-year-old woman, 1st gesture 2nd parity with 39 weeks of amenorrhea (Blood group O positive) without antecedent (pregnancy was not regularly followed).
She came to the maternity emergency ward at 7:00 a.m. for pelvic pain secondary to uterine contraction.