The learner should be able to :
- Diagnose shoulder dystocia immediately after fetal head release
- Mobilize available resources (human and material)
- Maintain communication with the patient.
- Perform life-saving maneuvers according to the management algorithm and the type of dystocia. (Mac Roberts).
- Master team communication techniques
- Manage stress during shoulder dystocia situation
32-year-old women, 3rd gravidity 2nd parity with 39 weeks of amenorrhea (Blood type A positive). No medical history. (Pregnancy irregularly followed).
She consulted the 1st line obstetric emergency room at 8 am for a 4-hour discharge of amniotic fluid and pelvic pain.