Nonverbal communication and patient management in radiology
The learner should be able to:
- Cite two ways of communicating with a patient
- Cite the main components of non-verbal communication (NVC)
- Establish a trustworthy relationship between the healthcare provider and the patient
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the patient
- A 64-year-old female suffering from right talalgia for three weeks was referred by her primary care physician for an X-ray of her feet and heels.
- A 58-year-old male, smoker (30 pack-years), experiencing symptoms of dry cough, shortness of breath, and weight loss, was referred by his primary care physician for an Anteroposterior and lateral chest X-ray.